Dredging Safety Checklist
When discussing the safety of a dredger, it can include many aspects. The safety of personnel, the safe operation of the dredger, and finally the protection of the environment. Since the establishment of Leader Dredger, we have always paid great attention to the personal safety of dredger workers and the safety of dredger operation, and the safety and sustainability of dredger equipment have been considered when developing. Leader Dredger has a vision for the dredging industry, providing a safe, healthy, accident-free workplace that will not damage the environment. Therefore, we have made a specific dredger safety checklist and environmental protection guidelines.
Safety measures of the dredger itself:
We strive to contribute to the safe operation of dredgers in a variety of ways, some of which are outlined below.
- We strictly follow ISO international standards and perform various quality tests in multiple iterations.
- The dredger manufactured by Leader Dredger adopts a split design, which can be assembled and disassembled quickly, and can be transported by sea, rail and road through 40-inch containers. This design is one for the convenience of transportation, and the other is because this design does not require the dredger to undertake complex or potential risks.
- In order to facilitate the driving of our dredger and reduce the risks caused by the operation, we display all the information about the dredgers work on the control panel in the cab. Through the console in the drivers cabin, the entire ships parts can be monitored and controlled.
- In addition to adopting a whole ship control integrated system, Leader Dredger also carried out an ergonomic design for the dredger to ensure the drivers concentration and driving safety. For example: a 180-degree bright field of view in the cab (can also be upgraded to a 360-degree surround view) to ensure that the driver can better judge the external working conditions
- After Leader Dredger completes the door-to-door installation of the dredger, we will conduct systematic and comprehensive training for the driver and crew. Training includes but is not limited to: dredger driving specifications; supervision of dredger start-up; dredger operation and performance optimization training; dredger risk elimination and maintenance training;
Dredging Safety Checklist during operation:
- Personnel entering the work site of the dredger must wear life jackets and labor protection supplies as required.
- For pipeline operations, more than two people are required to together work.
- All dredgers must be equipped with fire-fighting equipment; life-saving equipment; anti-collision and other safety equipment, And appoint someone to be responsible for management.
- TThe surrounding guard poles of the construction vessel, the walking platform and the upper platform should be complete, the walking springboard should be erected firmly, and there should be anti-skid strips to ensure safety.
- When dredgers and auxiliary vessels are towing, anchoring and constructing in waterways, wharves, and harbors, they shall set up and display signals and send personnel on duty in accordance with regulations. The night construction must be equipped with sufficient lighting.
- The project department shall organize the formulation of control measures such as construction plan, construction quality, environment, occupational health and safety, and conduct technical clarification.
- Safety protection measures for construction waters should be drafted, issued and implemented in consultation with relevant local authorities
Dredging Safety Checklist on the deck:
- Check the tightness of all parts of the ship, and the flexibility and reliability of all machinery and components. Before construction, check and implement full-scale lubrication of the mechanical operating parts.
- Check whether all the joysticks on the console are in the “neutral” position and whether the buttons are in the stop position.
- Check whether the hydraulic winch speed switch is in the “minimum speed” position
- After checking the construction water area, checking the construction water depth and ship’s draft, and checking that the excavation section is normal, the construction signal will be issued.
Dredging Safety Checklist for the running part of the turbine:
- Check whether the attachments of the diesel engine are connected reliably, whether the bolts are tight, and whether the moving parts rotate flexibly.
- Check whether the cooling system has been filled with water and whether there is water leakage at the water pipe joints.
- Check the oil level of each diesel engine, the oil level of the mud pump drive gear box, the oil level of the diesel tank and the hydraulic oil tank, and perform recording.
- Check whether the battery is fully charged and whether the connectors of the starting system are loose.
- Check the alarm system. When the alarm system works, the control light should be on. Check that the start and close pump switches should be in the neutral position.
- Check and open the subsea valve and the front and rear valves of the seawater filter. Check that the outboard cooler is free from blockage and foreign matter.
Dredging Safety Checklist for diesel engine startup:
- First press the battery charging button “off” of the auxiliary unit
- Disconnect the electric circuit of the hydraulic valve
- After the diesel engine starts, its speed will run at the lowest no-load speed for 5 minutes to warm up
- Check the operation of each part of the diesel engine, check the oil pressure, the vacuum pressure of the sea water pump, and the readings of the pressure gauges. Confirm: Oil pressure, oil temperature, cooling water temperature (including internal and external circulation temperature), exhaust temperature, hydraulic pump system oil pressure and other instrument values should be in the normal range.
- When the diesel engine cooling water temperature rises to 45-50 degrees, the speed can be gradually increased to the rated speed
- Check the voltage and cycle meter of the three-phase voltmeter, indicating that the reading should be in the normal position, and the three-phase current should be balanced
- The normal working temperature of the hydraulic system is about 50 degrees (the maximum value does not exceed 70 degrees), and the oil temperature should be preheated when the oil temperature is lower than 15 degrees.
Start the Dredging Safety Checklist of the suction pump:
- When the main engine is running at low speed (all 600 R.PM), press the suction pump button on the console to perform pumping operation. At this time, the main engine speed changes slightly, and then slowly increase the main engine speed. When the main engine speed increases to 800~1000 RPM, the suction pump indicator (yellow light) lights up, indicating that the suction pump is working. When finished, the suction pump button should be released.
- When operating the suction pump, it should be judged whether the pump is working normally:
- 1) The speed of the main engine should be increased slowly during operation of the suction pump.
- 2) The value of the vacuum gauge is slightly> 0, indicating that the pumping is normal; the output pressure of the mud pump gradually increases; the pressure of the water seal pump increases accordingly.
- 3) After the mud suction pump is completed, the mud pump pumps abnormally. At this time, the speed of the main engine should be reduced until the pump is removed, and the water should be refilled and the air in the suction pipe should be removed again, and then the pump operation should be restarted.
- 4) When the main engine speed exceeds 800 R.P.M or more, the operation of the suction pump is not allowed.
- 5) When the suction pump pumps water normally, the values of the vacuum gauge and pressure gauge are relatively stable.
Shutdown Dredging Safety Checklist:
- Operate the speed control handle of the main engine to gradually reduce the speed to below 800 R.P.M. The clutch will disengage by itself. At this time, the suction pump indicator goes out.
- Lift the reamer bridge out of the water, close the reamer head button, Install the bridge safety insurance, And appropriately loosen the wire rope of the bridge.
- Insert the safety pin in the traverse, bridge winch.
- The handle of the console is reset to the neutral position, the speed control knobs are reset, and the switches are closed.
- Engine department stops main engine operation.
- Turn off the console power switch.
Responsible for every customer is the responsibility of Leader Dredger